1. The reigning Miss Hong Kong Carat Cheung was replaced by her 1st runner-up Jacqueline Wong due to being overage.
2. Miss Serbia Nikolina Bojić was replaced by Aleksandra Doknic the 1st runner-up of Miss Serbia 2012, after being withdrawn because of her marriage to Canadian tennis player Frank Dancević.
3. After protests from hard-line Muslims threatened to force the pageant out of Indonesia, Miss World Organization Chairwoman Julia Morley supports not having a swimsuit competition in Miss World 2013. This will be the 1st edition of Miss World without a swimsuit event.
4. Maryia Vialichka was appointed to represent Belarus, after no national pageant was held because the Miss Belarus pageant is a bi-annual event. It was last time held in 2012. Maria won the title of "Miss Charity" at the Miss Belarus 2012 pageant.
5. Miss Bonaire, Miss Israel, Miss Malawi, Miss Sierra Leone and Miss Zimbabwe withdrew from the competition.