Miss Tourism Queen International is not even comparable to Miss Supranational and the other four major pageants thus tagging it (MTQI) as one of the "Grandslam" pageant is very inappropriate. The production of Miss Supranational is great and their show is rather very entertaining and their entrants are growing. The only major setback with the pageant (Supranational) is their lack of advocacy and purpose. I want a very visible queen after her reign - a queen that is promoting the pageant's advocacy and purpose. The reign of last year's winner was not even memorable.
To add to this, Global Beauties are the ones who coined "GrandSlam" and if my memory served me well, they had Miss Earth before and for whatever reason they removed it.
These are the Big four international pageants and the credentials that alleviate them to this level are as follows:
1. Miss Universe's "Redefined for Today" shows dynamism with the globe's ladies by setting a platform for them to become empowered individuals. The queen travels from all over the world to support their charities.
2. Miss World's "Beauty with a purpose" carries the slogan seriously. All ladies from all over the world has a charity their local franchise supports. The queen together with the Miss World Organization works hand in hand for the charity the local franchise supports while the queen also gets to travel abroad to support the causes of every participating country.
3. Miss Earth's "Beauties For a Cause" promotes environmental awareness. The winner becomes a spokesperson for the Miss Earth Foundation, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and other environmental organizations. She also gets to travel around the Earth to work with the environmental departments and ministries of participating countries, various private sectors and corporations, as well as Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF).
4. Miss International's "Ambassadors of Peace and Beauty" crowns a lady that befits tenderness, benevolence, friendship, beauty, intelligence, ability to take action, and, most importantly, a great international sensibility. Promoting world peace, goodwill, and understanding is the pageant's ultimate goal.
The busiest queen for year 2012 is Miss Earth's Tereza Fajksová of the Czech Republic who traveled to the Philippines, Reunion Island in Africa, Mauritius, Indonesia, Finland, Cote D'Ivoire, Greece, South Sudan, Ghana, Germany, Sri Lanka, Slovakia, New Guinea, Mexico and Singapore not only to crown the countries queen but also as a spokesperson of UNEP carrying on the message of United Nations General Assembly’s declaration of 2012 as the "International Year of Sustainable Energy for All".
I hope Miss Supranational will step up as I see a big potential about this pageant. Pageant fans all over the world are not only up for the finals night. We follow the winners until the end of their reign. As a pageant historian, critique and aficionado like I am, I follow pageants the moment they crown their queen and follow their every activity. The most important thing for me is the aftermath of the pageant. Where will our queen go and did she exhibit the epitome of the crown and responsibility she's wearing and taking with her during her reign?
Yes, Miss Supranational is still a baby pageant but that is where all the big four of beauty pageants started. If the pageant organizers can determine the cause of the pageant and make their queen busy working to promote it, then Miss Supranational will go a long way.
I followed the pageant ever since it's inception and to elucidate more, here are the two major comments I may need to repeat:
1. The purpose of staging the pageant is still unclear and there is no advocacy and/or purpose they are trying to serve or work on.
2. The reign of the queens were forgettable. I didn't see them working for the organization after the pageant.
More and more pageants are mushrooming yet only those who has a clear purpose can keep the trust of the national directors to continue crowning their queen.
To Miss Supranational, I can see your promising production and please consider my humble thoughts. Don't end our excitement with the show alone. Let us see the queen in action as they serve as an inspiration to the many young ladies out there. The crowning of this year's queen was superb and you just crowned a very deserving queen. KUDOS!